RIP the Beard

Brace yourselves, people (Michelle).  Last night was an end of an era.  If we can call the last 8 months or so an era... Landon shaved his beard off.  Well, most of it anyway. 
He's been asking me for the past couple weeks now if he should shave it.  I keep saying, "I'm not going to tell you to shave your beard because people will freak out when it's gone you're going to tell them your wife made you do it."  And he laughs (because it's TRUE) and says, "Fine." and doesn't shave it.  But yesterday, he couldn't take it any longer.  He told me he stopped at McDonalds to get a caffeinated beverage and while he was in the drive-thru he decided to order a small ice cream cone.  As he was eating it, he said he could feel the ice cream in his mustache which wasn't out of the ordinary, but when he caught a glimpse of himself in the rear view mirror it was all over his beard.  And that was the final straw.  I barely got that explanation and a final picture of the beard before he was in the bathroom shaving it off.  It was like last year when he decided to cut his long (beautiful) hair, nobody could talk him out of it. 

Over the last couple weeks, as he asks if he should shave it and I refuse to give him and answer, he'd try to phrase it differently by asking, "Would you want me to just trim it? Or shave everything?"  And I would say, "If you decide to shave your face, I would prefer you shave all of it off just because I cannot remember the last time I saw your entire face."  It literally has been about eight months.  That's almost an full-term pregnancy.  He hasn't grown his beard that entire time; it would be as long as Dumbledore's if he had.  The last time he trimmed it, though, was in November right before the Marine Corp Ball.  So, at the length he had it last night was a good 3 months of growth.  Anyway, he didn't entirely take that fulfill my preference of total shave because he left one hell of a mustache on his lip.  And until that thing is gone, I'm bringing back the nickname Sexy Flanders.

A moment of silence for the longest beard Sexy Flanders has ever grown.  But don't grieve for too long, he's probably already got a five o'clock shadow.  It'll be back in no-time.

8 comments:

  1. LANDON NOOOOOO!!!!!!

    I am literally LOLing like a crazy person over that stache. I mean, at least Landon ASKS you about getting rid of the beard. James will disappear for awhile and come back with a pedophile mustache or a soul patch just for the shock factor. It's awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lol'ing @ James. YOU GUYS, I want a husband who surprises me with rouge facial hair!!

      Delete
  2. I can't stop laughing at the mustache. I CANNOT. LANDON!

    I recently saw a picture of my dad from a few years ago, three at least, with a clean-shaven face, and it threw me for a loop. He's been been rocking a goatee for so long, I feel like I wouldn't recognize him anymore without it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But he looks ALARMINGLY like Aaron Rodgers with that 'stache.

      Delete
  4. Is he talking about opening a Leftorium in your local mall? If so, will you please send me a left-handed can opener? I can't tell you how many times I have gotten in a fight with my can opener over the fact that it's wrong handed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks
    beard oil

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget