Finally Friday

I have to say, these last few weeks have felt like the longest weeks of my LIFE.  I think it mostly has to do with going back to school and having a million assignments to do and a million more chapters to read.  And everything is due on Thursday, so when Fridays roll around I kind of just breathe.  Just- let it all out.  Because between trying to juggle that, 40 hours of work, exercise, and meal prep I'm just wiped out.  Last night, I fell asleep at 9:00 next to Landon on the twin bed in our guest bedroom.  He likes to do his homework in there, (less distractions, I don't know) so I snuggled up next to him and promptly fell asleep.  I woke up at 11:00 buried under six throw pillows and three stuffed giraffes with my face smashed up against the wall.  Not exactly what I would call "beauty sleep."

I've got big plans for this weekend, though.  I should probably go to bed just as early again tonight because I don't think I'll be getting any kind of rest for the next two days.  I only have to run three miles tomorrow (praise the Lord), then we are going to hit the mountain for a few hours and be back in time to meet up with my family and friends to go the the World Cup Moguls Freestyle competition at Deer Valley.  Our friends go every year, we haven't been with them in a couple years, though.  So we are excited to be attending again tomorrow.  It's a crazy bunch of people and we dress up in retro ski clothes and party the whole night through.  This was the last time we went in 2014.  So stoked.


Then, wake up early for church on Sunday, probably throw some junk food in a crockpot because it's the best Sunday of the year! The Superbowl!! And it's my dad's birthday, so he is coming up to party and watch the game with us.  I wish my birthday landed on the Superbowl every now and then.  That food.  I'll have to work out double time all next week, I'm sure.

But yeah, those are my weekend plans.  And I can't tell you how happy I am that I did my big run earlier this week.  Last night's five miles seemed like a cake walk in comparison.  And it was just a beautiful afternoon.  It was snowing gently and the town seemed so quiet.  I haven't felt that refreshed after a run in a long time.  I almost wanted to run another five because it was so perfect. Almost.  I took this picture along the way, I am head over heels in love with Midway.  I never want to leave.

1 comment:

  1. Balancing school, work, and fitness/health is HARD. But if anyone can rock it, it's you!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget