Painting and Porcupines

I found it very fitting this morning when I was sifting through the new music on Spotify when I found a song titled, "Hello Friday" by Flo Rida and I proceeded to listen to it in the spirit of Friday.  I made it about a quarter way through the song before I changed it because, well, it's Flo Rida.

But seriously, hello Friday!

This week went by pretty quickly for me, though I feel as if I've been in a sleepy daze for half of it.  I don't know what my problem is, but I've been staying up later and later and then in the morning I'm useless.  I didn't even have that much homework this week due to a couple exams coming up for midterms. MIDTERMS. We are halfway through my first semester back to school, people.  I may survive.  I may actually graduate one day.

Aside from work, homework, and working out (that's a lot of work), I've had my hands in a few other little things.  I recently started to paint with watercolors.  I haven't picked it up out of nowhere, I've been painting since I was a little girl.  I'm no Da Vinci, but my mom is darn near close and she's taught me a thing or two.  I want her to teach me a lot more things now that I'm getting back into it.  It relaxes my mind at the end of the day; I've just been turning on some chill music and painting in the corner of my kitchen.
Another project I have up my sleeve is, a little more morbid at first thought, but will be awesome when it's done.  I found a dead porcupine on the side of the road near my house and I stopped the other day to...gather(?) some of it's quills?  It sounds disgusting, but hear me out, I've got some radical jewelry ideas for them.  And don't worry, I thoroughly disinfected them.  Seriously, I've been waiting years to find one that wouldn't put my life in danger when I pulled off the road to get what I needed.  So stay tuned, I don't have a craft store near me, so it might be a bit before I can work out what I have in mind, but it's going to be beautiful.


Also, funny story behind this porcupine.  I was talking to my mom on the phone when I pulled up to it to gather the quills.  I was about 15 feet behind it and I could see a spot of bright red near it's head.  "Oh my gosh, I think I see it's brains!"  I shrieked into her ear. I got out of my truck with my gloves, paper towels and ziplock bag and hesitantly walked up to the little guy.  When I got closer I found that the red I had seen was not his brains or guts, but a rose.
"Someone put a rose in his paws!"  I squealed delightedly as I bent down to look.  He really was a beautiful animal and even though it was probably done as a joke, I felt it was appropriate that someone had paid respect to him.  Especially since I was about to take a large amount of his quills back with me.  It's fine, I know how creepy I sound.  You'll see, though, YOU'LL ALL SEE.

Other than that though, it's been the usual do 3 works (that's what I'm referring to them as from now  on) and trying to ignore how messy my house is.  Hopefully I can tackle that tonight after I murder my abs in the gym.

Have a great weekend, dudes.

3 comments:

  1. Your watercolors are FOR REAL gorgeous. I'm not even kidding. Did I dream this, or did you snap a watercolor of ice cream? I want to buy that from you. PLEASE AND THANK YOU. Happy weekending, my love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU PAINTED THOSE? I wish you could see my jaw right now, because it is ON THE FLOOR. You're amazing. Please let me buy the cat with the headphones from you. Gracie needs it in her room.

    So many lols over the rose and the porcupine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working out and homework are big works. They deserve to not be qualified or constrained.

    Also, is there anything you can't do? You are so talented. I love the Popsicle/ice cream one!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget