Late Night Purchases

I did it, people! I just sent off and submitted the last of my homework and projects and I'm officially THROUGH (with this semester)!!  I want to blast music and have a dance party because that's what I used to do when I was going to college.  My roommates and I had many-a dance parties during and after finals wee.  But this time, I'm at work and surrounded by equipment and humans who probably wouldn't appreciate a spontaneous rave.  But in my head, I'm having the party of the year.


And now I will enjoy the next week and a half of my life with every fiber of my being until summer semester starts up.

I shall begin that week of bliss by running a half marathon on Saturday.  That's right- another half marathon.  It's the Tulip Festival Half, the one I ran last year.  I've been really bummed that I wasn't going this year.  I was going to run the 5k with my mom and sister, but it sold out before we could register.  And then last night (nearing midnight) I was like, "Whatever.  I'm doing it."  

As you all know I don't drink, so this was as close to a late night drunk purchase as I could get.  I mean, let's be honest  the state my brain has been in these last couple weeks?  I may as well be intoxicated, and my Uber is the Struggle Bus.  
So I registered for the dang thing.  Which, funnily enough, I don't think I should have actually been able to.  I went to the website to register and as I scrolled through all the info on it, I was met with red bold letters and asterisks that said, "**This race is sold out**" and I was all, "What?!  It wasn't sold out the other day when I was looking at their Facebook page!"  So I went to their FB page and saw a link to active.com and I clicked that where I was redirected to their login page.  I bought my tickets through that website last year, so I logged in and it had all of my info saved for me, I just had to put in my credit card info and I was registered in two minutes time.  I was so surprised and I told Landon, "I don't think I was supposed to be able to do that..."  Right after I got the email confirmation and my ID number for the race and I was like, "I wonder if I could have registered for the 5k that way..." So I went back to active.com and out of sheer curiosity tried to register for the 5k, but I was met with the three race options blacked out with a message under each saying that they were all sold out.  I refreshed, tried to login manually and I went back to the other website and I could not find an option that made it possible fore me to register for any of the races.  So I don't know how I did it; how I managed to find some wormhole in the Internet.  I'm chalking this up as the Universe cutting me a break after these sucky couple of weeks I've been struggling through. Like, "Good job, Whit.  You made it.  Now go run 13 miles because for some reason  you like doing that, you freak."

It will be interesting to see how it goes, though.  This is one of, if not the hardest half marathon in Utah and I definitely have not been running like I was training these past few weeks.  And I don't have nearly as good of an elevation advantage like I did with the Zion Half.  But I'm not going into this with any expectations except to have a good time, take it easy and enjoy all of the flowers and endorphins.  I'm so excited.
#tbt


2 comments:

  1. Honestly, you're the only person I know who would celebrate their freedom from school by willingly running thirteen miles. You amaze me every day, Whit. Kill it, girl!! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time I register for a race, I feel like I'm drunk, because I'm always questioning my decisions immediately. BUT! I'm so glad you got that cathartic run release to kick off your little break!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget