This Train is Bound for Glory...Eventually

You guys-- there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm SO close to being done with all of my homework and projects I can taste it.  But instead of sprinting towards it with full force, I feel like I keep tripping and dragging my body through one assignment after another.  Are you guys sick of me whining and crying about school yet?  BECAUSE I AM.

I just want it to be done, but it feels like when you're dreaming and you're trying to run as fast as you can, but you are stuck in place.  Plus, it doesn't help that Hawaii is in 15 days and so instead of doing homework, I'm booking spray tan appointments and buying swimming suits online.  How could I possibly focus on Marketing 101 when the warm beaches of Hawaii are calling my name?

Another thing I'm worrying over is the fact that I've gained 5 lbs since my race and despite eating healthy and continuing to work out and run, I. CAN'T. LOSE. IT.  Don't try and tell me I'm crazy because I am and I won't listen.  I came to the conclusion that the reason it won't go away is because I'm not running those high miles I was when I was training for Zion, so as a result of that diagnosis I have begun training again.  I don't actually have a race in mind- picking one is on my to-do list, but it's race season and I'm sure there is one nearby in roughly 10-12 weeks from now.

ANOTHER THING that my body is doing that is pissing me off is ADULT PUBERTY.  Have you heard of it? Me either- until a few weeks ago when Jenna Marbles did a video about it and I was like, "So that's what's going on on my face."  Seriously you guys, it's like I'm 16 all over again because homegirl CANNOT keep her face clear no matter what she does.  I wash it in the morning and in the evening after I work out.  I use spot treatment, I moisturize (from time to time) but no matter what I try, I'm stuck with the face of a teen on the body of an almost 26 year old.  I just bought this new facial mask that everyone hails as the miracle worker off Amazon, but if that doesn't get the job done, I'm going to a dermatologist because this is ridic.  It's about time I crack open that HSA anyway...

Ugghh, I'm tired of how whiny I've been these last couple weeks.  I haven't really been feeling like myself because I'm so stressed out and my emotions are all over the place.  I feel bad for anybody who has had to deal with me lately.  I'm really trying to have an attitude adjustment and hopefully with the close of the semester and my trip off of the continent I will be able to do just that.

2 comments:

  1. Dude. You probably put the weight on because your body is trying to heal all of the damage that the high miles caused, and so it's retaining a little more fluid. Or, and more likely, you're just finally holding on to the muscle that running cannibalizes. You're still one hot lady. Seriously. You look amazing, and we're all going to sigh with envy when we see how great you look on a beach in a bikini.

    Also, you can complain about school all you want to me, because I'm just nodding my head, and so thankful that someone else gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADULT PUBERTY IS THE WORST. I never had any problems with my skin until I was 25 years old. As soon as the clock struck midnight on my 25th birthday, my body was like "JKKKKK YOU THOUGHT YOU'D SEEN THE LAST OF ME?" and my skin went nuts. I've found better ways to combat the breakouts over the last couple years, but what I would give to have my high school skin back. I never thought I would say that!!!

    Are you using the clay mask from Amazon?? That is part of my go-to routine!!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget