Back to Reality

Hawaii was a dream, people.  Last time we went I blogged each day I was there and I obviously did not do that this time, but I wish I had.  Because now I'm sitting here thinking, "How am I going to write about 11 days in Hawaii in one sitting?"  Well, I'm not.  At least not right now.  I'll probably break it up into a couple posts, but it feels like too much a daunting task at the moment.  I can tell you it was beautiful and it was amazing, exciting and very much needed.

But, here I am, back to reality.  And I'm back with probably one of the worst colds I've ever had.  And this is where I ask: WHO GETS A COLD IN HAWAII?! The answer is probably nobody, but the plane home is fair game.  I can't breathe out of my nose, my esophagus feels like it was turned inside out and drug across the asphalt, and my ears are so plugged that even when I talk it sounds like I'm trying to listen to someone in the next room, so forget about me hearing anything anyone else is saying.  People at work think I'm ignoring everybody.

So that's neat.

The good news on the other hand is that my adult puberty is under control.  I caved and went to the dermatologist right before we left on our trip.  The doc prescribed me two different face creams; one for the morning and one for the night.  I was so excited to make my skin look like it wasn't 15 years old again that I practically ran to the pharmacy.  That excitement came to a screeching halt when the lady told me that it was going to be $341.  I was floored.  Luckily, I've got over $4,000 in my HSA, so I didn't have to come out of our checking account, but I was still furious.  Landon couldn't understand what I was so mad about and I was like, "That's still my money! That comes out of my paychecks!"  Like, yes, I get it; it's my health savings account and that's what it's for, but I still feel like I paid out of my own pocket for two teeny little bottles that are only going to last me a month.  I felt like I had been robbed.

Anyway, I've been using it religiously for the past two weeks and I saw no change while we were in Hawaii.  If anything, it got worse for a second, but I think that is par for the course with acne medication.  But the past three days since we've been home I have seen noticeable difference each morning and it's making me excited again.  Bless you modern medicine, bless you and your magical properties(that are apparently made of pure gold or else why would you be so expensive?)!

So yes.  That has been my life the past three days.  That an jet lag that I think I'm finally coming off of.  I've been laying in bed until midnight every night, not even remotely tired and then wanting to kill myself when my alarm goes off at 5.  Give it this holiday weekend and I think I'll be back on schedule.  We are going down to St. George, and I plan to lay poolside and sleep when we aren't out dirt biking.  Gotta keep this crisp Hawaiian glow maintained, you know. :)

How have you all been?

3 comments:

  1. Hawaii! I have been twice and still dream about that beach. Keep the glow maintained whatever you do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I as much as I LOVE, CHERISH, and ADORE you, I hate you for Hawaii. Someday I'll go. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in my CNA class years ago, they explained that it isn't airplanes that make you sick, it's the airports that are evil. The pressurization in planes actually makes them a pretty healthy place to be. However, airports are cesspools of disgusting.

    Glad you made it back in mostly one piece, I loved all of your pictures on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget