Hawaii: Unfiltered

So, I will probably have posts up next week about Hawaii and they are going to be glamorous and beautiful.  But today, I thought I'd post some photos that aren't exactly "instagram material."  We took our GoPro out in the water when we were boogie boarding, and we would just let the camera record.  I had it on the mode where it record, but also takes a photo every five seconds.  Most of the photos are of the sky, or under water.  Very rarely was it a decent photo of my face and most of the time when we were in the pictures, we did not look great.  But they are some of my favorite photos taken on the trip and I had to post a few here.

Oh yeah. that. is. pretty.  Look at all that water I'm coughing up.  Luckily, this was before we did our night snorkel and I learned about how much plankton is in the water.  After that happened I was very conscious about keeping my mouth closed.  Who knows how many thousands of living creatures I ingested on this trip.

Now this- this is a quality action shot.  If it were the video, you would hear me hollerin' all the way to the beach.  I couldn't help it, as soon as I'd catch a wave, an involuntary, "WOOOOOOOOOO!!!" would burst from the depths of my soul. Which I think it proof that I was a surfer or a mermaid in my past life. 

 Landon is obvs slapping me in this picture.  Or I just ducked under a wave.  I'll let you decide.

And this one actually is one of my favorite pictures from the entire trip.  Landon and I caught a wave at the same time, but he cut in front of me (because he thinks he is cool since he can control his board) and I crashed into him and we were laughing so hard.  I love candid shots of people laughing; I think they look best that way.  And one of Landon and me is priceless.

Aloha, my loves.

3 comments:

  1. I thought you guys were having a plank contest in the last picture. Boogie boarding is way more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is seriously the best! You need to frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a great idea! I love candid shots and the Hawaiian backdrop definitely doesn't hurt! All the ones of you taking a breath after a wave are hilarious and that last one is so precious!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget