Stream of Consciousness

{I found a cellphone in the restroom at a gas station I stopped by last week.  I took the phone to the cash register and said, "I found this in the restroom."  The clerk was like, "Oh, okay- which one?"  And then we both stood there for a second while we each processed his response.  My mind analyzed my safety vest, oil stained jeans and muddy work boots.  I thought about my hair being pulled back into a pony tail; I wondered if it really wasn't obvious that I was a female.  At the same time, he realized how stupid that question was and stumbled over the words, "Oh, I mean, of course, uh- that was a dumb question...sorry, of course." I laughed, half-heartedly and turned quickly to run away.

One day I'll have a job where my gender won't be questioned. ONE DAY.}

{So, is it me, or is the entire country diving head first into a rogue heat wave?  I was in St. George last weekend for Father's Day and it got up to 107 the day we left; they're supposed to hit 115 before this week is over.  I thought it might just be us, but then I'm starting to notice the trend with friends across the country. Thankfully, we have a couple different pools to choose from to cool down in.  Landon and I went up to his mom's yesterday afternoon to go for a dippety-doo.  It was all that kept me alive after I ran 3 miles in what I'm assuming Hell is like.  I only went for 3 miles and I thought I was going to throw up probably 3 different times.  I got home and took an ice cold shower before we left and I was still sweating profusely even after I was dried off and dressed again.  This is why I hate training in the summer.}

{I have an exam to take for one of my summer classes.  The first one I didn't really understand what I was supposed to study, so this time I'm a lot more aware of what is going to be on the test.  I am also substantially more aware of how much I hate going to school in the summer.  This is against everything natural.}

{Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston were spotting canoodling on the beach and I haven't stopped fangirling since I saw the photos.  I told my friend all I care about now is that they get married, adopt me and we all live happily ever after in a world where it never gets above 80 degrees.}

{Mine and Landon's five year anniversary is coming up on Friday.  I've got a thing or two up my sleeve that I'm not going to discuss until next week incase his wandering eyes make their way here.  Just know that it's going to be awesome, and I'm so excited.  Can't believe it's been that long already; time has flown by.  I have so much fun with him and I'm happy I get him forever.}




5 comments:

  1. Dying over the bathroom comment. That is too funny.

    It's been blisteringly hot here as well. Not over 100, but in the 90s with a million percent humidity. It was only in the 70s when I left the house this morning, and I contemplated grabbing a jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to live with you in a world where it doesn't get about 80 degrees. These warm temperatures are killing me- I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom.....hahahahaha. Poor awkward kid. But more importantly, poor you! That's too funny. Happy 5 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bathroom.....hahahahaha. Poor awkward kid. But more importantly, poor you! That's too funny. Happy 5 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rogue heat waves are real! It was 107* here all week. And then in Colorado, it was only 80? WTH? It made me a little mad.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget