Working Far From Home

So many great things have been happening the last few days, but I've been so busy I haven't really had a chance to sit down and blog about it.  Mariah, my little sister, turned twenty freaking one years old on Sunday.  She is my baby sister and I think of her as such- a baby.  But when I really thought about it, I was like, "Oh my heck, I was married when I was her age!" And now I realize that I made a huge life decision as a fetus.  Luckily, I made a great choice because Landon is USDA Prime.  Did I just objectify my husband of nearly five years (!!!) by comparing him to a piece of meat?  You bet your heifer, I just did.  Don't worry, he likes it.

In other news, I have been working up in Ogden the past week.  For those of you who are not familiar with Utah, that is about an hour and twenty minutes from my home in Midway.  It's quite the commute compared to my normal forty minute drive. But I'm helping out my boss a friend because we are so short handed.  Gives me a lot of time to listen to podcasts and really dive deep in the tunnels of Spotify.  And on that note, if you have any recommendations for comedy podcasts or music on the Spot, feel free to leave them in the comments below.  Another fun thing about working in Ogden aside from Mega Commute is that I'm kind of re-learning how to do my job.  It's the same work, but in a different lab and they have the smallest of differences in the way they do things and while I'm not lost, I'm just a little uncomfortable in changing the ways I've been doing my job for the last five years (as of Monday (!!!)).  And on top of that, I'm training a new guy which is a lot of fun because I'm still trying to figure this place out and then teach a completely green new hire the same.  I'm sure I've come off as a spaz more than a few times.  Whatever.  I'm basically the boss right now, and what I say goes; even if it doesn't make sense to either of us.

A good part about Ogden though, is that it's only 15 minutes from my mom's house and I'm considering bunking down with them until I'm back in more regular digs.  Maybe not the whole time cause I'd obviously miss my sugar daddy, but I did stay there last night and it was amazing getting home that early.  AND getting to sleep in until 6:20.  I honestly cannot tell you the last time I had a commute that short.  With all my extra time yesterday afternoon, I went and hit a bucket of balls with Brenden and Johnny, made friends with an extremely wealthy (and unbelievably kind) family, and got a lettuce burger sweet potato fries at Red Robin.  Is this the quality of life I'd have if I moved out of heaven on Earth?  Because I'll be honest, it's not bad; I just love those mountains with all of my heart.  I think I'll settle for a little here and a little there.  But it would be nice to get a bed for me at my mom's though, because while Johnny's horse trailer mattress is pretty comfortable, but I'm very confused about where I am every time I wake up on it.

So yeah, that's where I'm at.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mariah!!

    Do we follow each other on Spotify? I don't think we do. That needs to change. Unless it's already happening. In which case, IGNORE ME-- but feel free to troll my playlists :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon further investigation, we were not following each other-- but I just found you!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget