Humilated Quasimodo

Testing: 1, 2, 3.

Check.

Check.

Is this thing on?

Hey guys.  Cannot believe that June has come and gone so quickly.  I think I mentioned in my last post that I was temporarily relocated to a lab twice as far from home as normal; well, I'm still here.  And between that commute, going to the gym, cooking dinner and trying to stay caught up with the Bachelorette, blogging has been put on the back burner.

But I have so many stories to tell from my absence!  Like, how I am simultaneously the best and worst wife ever, the Slip n' Soar, and how the CFO of my work walked into my bathroom stall while I was using it at our big town hall meeting.

I know out of those three, you want to hear about the last one the most, don't you?

Well, I've got a couple minutes, I guess I could type that one out real quick and die of embarrassment a second time as I relive it and immortalize it on the internet.  Last week we had our annual "Town Hall" meeting where the CEO and CFO of our company comes and speaks to us about the strategic plan of the company, our upcoming jobs, finances, among other riveting topics.  Well, I drank a lot of water on my drive down there and didn't anticipate the meeting lasting longer than an hour so I didn't use the restroom before hand.  Fast-forward two hours and fifteen minutes to me nearly peeing my pants and making a beeline to the bathrooms the second we were dismissed.  I was in such a rush that I didn't realize my stall door didn't lock all the way when I shut it and twisted the little switch.  I was mid-pee when the CFO swung my stall door open and we made the most awkward eye contact in the history of the human race before she managed to say, "...uh- SORRY." as she spun around and ran away WITHOUT SHUTTING THE STALL DOOR BEHIND HER.  So I had to waddle, hunched over, to the door (because I was in the handicapped stall) with my jeans around my knees resembling what I can only describe as a humiliated Quasimodo to try to close it without making eye contact again.  I then waited in the stall until the next one was free for her to occupy and I could make my escape.

I've contemplated quitting my job several times since then.

I'm sure she has too.

2 comments:

  1. SHE LEFT OT OPEN?! I mean, it's one thing to make an honest mistake, but don't be rude about it! Hopefully she will remember you when it comes to bonus season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM DYING!!! I can't believe she left the door open! I'm sure she wasn't thinking, but good grief. Thank you for making my afternoon with this story.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget