Eat, Drink and Be Merry, For Tonight is a School Night

Guess what today is?  A school night.  In my spare minutes today, I've been filling my day planner with all the assignments, quizzes, exams and final projects that are in my future.  I'm not overwhelmed just yet.  I'll wait until I actually start doing homework and realizing JUST how much I have on my plate.  The key is to just stay organized.  And also to hide some emergency chocolate somewhere in my house for when all hope seems lost.

I wish I could say that I'm starting the semester off with a fresh and rested mind, but I cannot.  Working six days a weeks, taking summer classes, working out, and trying to stay on top of meal planning, cooking and housework has left me feeling just...tired.  My boss asked me if I was grumpy today; I hadn't realized I hadn't been really talking to anybody all morning.  It's all just catching up to me.  Thankfully it's Labor Day weekend and I will get three days off work.  But I'm pretty sure we are going dirt biking with my family, so it still might not be the most relaxing weekend.  But I will take it!

Saturday I worked until about 2, I got home and ran four miles, showered and got ready and went to Provo with Landon to meet up with my dad and step mom for sushi and Comedy Sportz.  Sushi is mine and Landon's favorite cheat meal these last few weeks and we have literally gotten it once a week since we started our diet.  We were really early to Comedy Sportz, so we walked around Downtown Provo for about an hour before we went to the show.  It was a beautiful evening and it was nice to enjoy the perfect weather and walk off the six rolls of sushi we inhaled.
Comedy Sportz was, as usual, side-splitting.  I swear, Landon never laughs as hard at anything else as  he does there.  If any of you are ever looking for the best entertainment in Provo on a weekend, go there.  

We got home late and pretty much went straight to bed because we had another packed day ahead of us.  Sunday morning, Landon and I got up early and I made him go for a run with me.  There is a park up the road from us that has a mile long loop and has different work out stations scattered along it.  There is this metal bar to stretch on, on that you have to jump over back and forth, a push-up bar, a gate to climb up and over, pull-up bars, and a slanted sit-up bench.  My plan was to do the loop three times, though I didn't tell Landon that until we got there.  He ran through it twice with me and took it easy on the third round and it made me SO HAPPY to have a buddy to run with.  I'm usually the lone wolf with anything exercise related because I don't really have friends who live near me and Landon doesn't get home from work until hours after I do.  So yeah, I had a blast to have him to run with.

Later that afternoon, we met up with my mom and brother and sister to walk through Park Silly Sunday Market again.  They were so jealous after we went last week.  I didn't buy anything this time, but I finally took pictures of the Good Night Moon journal I bought.  I'm still so dazzled by it.
I don't even know what I would write in it, but it's sitting on my night stand in my bedroom just beaming with nostalgia for me.

Speaking of my bedroom-after Park Silly, we all came back to our house to finally add a little decor to my room!  My mom found this gorgeous mirror on sale, and I've literally been wanting a floor length mirror ever since I've been married, but dog, those things are expensive!  I've got a little bundle of cash stashed away, though, and she found a killer deal on one for me, so she brought it up along with a new comforter and some shelves she wanted to get rid of.  We rearranged some furnitures in the room, brought a plant upstairs, hung the shelf and put up another mirror and some lighted letters. Oh, and I found the coolest pillow of all time with sequins that are blue and green one way, but if you run your hand against them, the flip over and are black on the other side.  Its magical and I love it.

I want to get a few more pillow and some more wall hangings in the future, but for now, I'm absolutely in love with the vibe.  All I want to do is go curl up in bed with a book.  It's a good thing my mom has an eye for decorating, because I do not.  She envisioned and brought to life my entire wedding and continues to do the same for me as I continue through life without an interior decorating bone in my body. You should see what she did for my kitchen and dining area a few weeks ago; it's incredible.

Anyway, that was my weekend.  So, so busy and I'm looking forward to getting a few days off in a row this weekend before we go to the night shift and working 7 nights a week.  And now with 500% more homework involved!  I'll rest when I'm dead, people.


1 comment:

  1. I love the Goodnight Moon journal! I'm in love with your bedroom. It's so cozy. Don't be surprised to see me sleeping in your bed when you get home from work tonight.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget