Catching Up

Hey guys.  Just thought I'd pop in a say hello.  It's been a little hectic around these parts.  Mostly because it's finals week and I've been devoting the majority of my free time to writing papers, preparing Power Point presentations, and making Waiting Line Analysis' in Excel (my arch nemesis) for my favorite breakfast place.  Landon and I were up way past our bedtime putting the finishing touches on our final projects that were due at midnight on Saturday.  And after my exam I take today, I'll only have one assignment and one final project left to finish up until I'm free for Christmas Break. *all of the praise hands emojis*

But other than homework, I'm sure you're all dying to know what I've been up to. Right? Right??  Well, let me take a break from my exam studies so I can catch you up. (And give my tired mind a rest.)

Recovering from: Landon's work party on Friday night.  The fed us Alaskan King crab (flown in that day), prime rib, and some sort of chicken that I put on my plate but didn't eat because my eyes were way bigger than my stomach, followed by an entire ice cream bar with all the topping you could ever want and churros if you so pleased.


I spent 5 hours at work on Friday making that Christmas sweater and then didn't even get a good picture of it.  I have approximately 72 stab wounds from my reindeer pipe cleaner sculptures I created, and another 58 burns from the hot glue gun.  But I don't know that I've ever been more proud of a creation and I showed up to that party with bells on.  Literally.  22 to be exact.  I couldn't even breathe without jingling.  Our friends, Shawn and Stacy who we met on the Powell trip, had Star Wars sweaters that I think should have won the contest.  Shawn's had Vader in a Santa hat and read, "I find your lack of cheer disturbing."  And when he showed that to me I asked, "Do you? Do you really?" as my bells jingled with every word.

Weekending:  It's that time of year again.  The snow finally broke it's way through the wall of the Eternal Summer we were having and we're in the middle of a string of storms that are going to last us all the way through Christmas.  So of course our weekends will be spent on the mountain and I'm beyond thrilled.  We went up for a couple hours on Saturday and it was snowing and the wind was blowing so hard they had to shut some of the lifts down.  Which kind of sucked because the snow was incredible up high, but was also good because we would have stayed there all day despite the panic inducing amount of homework we had waiting for us.

 Exercising: zero self control when it comes to any sort of indulging treat.  But also, in the gym every day for damage control.  My body and I are at a stale mate in that sense, no progress is being made, but the crap I'm eating isn't finding permanent real estate on my butt.  Which, at this time of year, is all I can really ask for.

Writing: Goals for 2017.  One of which is: GRADUATE. And if that's not the most insane thing for me to imagine right now, I don't know what is.  By this time next year, I'll be trying to find a new outfit to wear under my CAP AND GOWN, PEOPLE.  Dreams really do come true.

Watching:  The Walking Dead and Terrace House.  Which, when I say that, a lot of people think I'm saying, "Terrorist House."  Quite the opposite, actually.  It's a Japanese reality tv show on Netflix that is similar to Real World.  6 people strangers moving into a house together, but without the gross drama that forced in American reality tv.  It's a very human experience.  It is in Japanese, so I can't just have it on in the background because I need the subtitles to know what's going on, but I am into it!

Excited for: December 22nd-January 2nd.  Work is shut down and I get the whole two weeks to do whatever I please while still getting paid for it.  I have big plans to snowboard, snowboard, and snowboard.

Not excited for: Mariah is moving to Spain to study abroad for about 5 months.  She leaves on the 10th of January and while I'm happy that she is going have such a cool experience, I feel like I just got her back from Paraguay.  I realize she's been home for a year, but since I don't live at home I only get to see her a couple times a month.  And now she's leaving me again, and I'm sad.  I'm also sad that I'm not going with her.  Because that would be rad.  I am proud of her though.  She's my little world traveler.  And it's only 5 months this time instead of 18, and I can actually call her and communicate with her more than once a week via a single email.  So.  There's that.

Anyway.  I'm sure there are a million other things I could catch you up on, but that's all I feel like typing now.  I've got more homework I need to get done.

I'll be back soon, though.  Promise.

2 comments:

  1. WHITNEY!!! Preach girl on finals. I finished mine last weekend. Brutal. You can do this. You are a college finishing champion. Also, on the whole graduating in 2017 thing? I'm right there with you. It's blowing my mind.

    Please shred as much as possible for me this year. It's been raining here like crazy, which means Tahoe is getting slammed, and the closest I get to shredding these days is our little in-home shredder from Costco. Lame. I'm living through you, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made that sweater?! That is awesome. Teach me your ugly sweater ways.

    And you can do it! GRaduate, that is.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget