He's 30 in Shark Years

Guess who turned 30 years old yesterday!  Mister Land J. Shark.  I'll be honest, it's a little mind boggling since we started dating when he was 23; I still feel like he is 23 and I'm still just a dumb little 19 year old.

Probably because we are both still going to college.

But the last 6 1/2 years with this guy has been absolutely golden, so it's no wonder why the time has flown by.

In celebration for his birthday, I made him his favorite cheesecake bars (which as basically a cheesecake while a giant cookie baked on top), filled a bucket of his favorite treats, gave him a LeSean McCoy (I always feel like I'm in middle school, capitalizing every other letter when I type his name) jersey, and some incredible Buffalo Bills high tops that Kelsey found.  It was the best, she sent me the link the week before Christmas and I ordered them immediately.  I thought they would get here in time for Christmas, but they came on the slow boat from China (literally) and got here a week before his birthday.  And when I opened the package, I was overcome with the strongest smell of rubber, like the kind that bouncy balls are made of, and about choked. We had to let them air out a bit. haha But he loved them, and wore all of it to dinner.

I thought we had plans to go with his family to the Midway Ice Castles and then dinner at his mom's, but apparently that's tonight.  You can imagine my dismay when I finally got that memo after I had taken all of my running gear to work so I could run on my lunch break and then asked my boss if I could leave early so I could make it in time.  And on top of all of that, I hadn't planned anything for his birthday!!

So we got dressed, went down to the valley and got some sushi for dinner and then shopped for a little while.  We were both pretty tired though, so we didn't stay out too long; I was passed out on the couch by 9 o'clock.  Poor guy, his 30th birthday which is supposed to be a big deal was about as low key as they come.  But if you know Landon at all, you would know that's exactly what he would want.  And also, tonight we get to go to the ice castles and have dinner at his mom's. So that's good.  What wasn't good was my realization that I was going to have to wake up at 4 AM to get my workout in.  So I am beyond tired right now.  I have mad respect for people who get their exercise in before they go to work.  BUT, it's out of the way and I've got the night free for some sweet family time.

I'm also pretty pumped about the Ice Castles.

But most of all, I'm pumped that I'm married to the coolest, smartest, funniest, sexiest 30 year old I know.  Landon is the greatest person for me to have by my side through it all.  One day we'll do the kid thing, but for the past few years, he's all I've needed.  I'm so grateful that he picked me to be his lifelong adventure buddy.  He is my best friend and the love of my life.

Happy birthday Landshark.  Thanks for giving me the world.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I am just glad the website I sent you with the sneakers was not a Grade-A scam. Because it could have gone either way. Remember when we sent you a onesie from Tokyo or something, and it took two months to reach you? I'M HAVING FLASHBACKS.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget