Adjusting

I didn't want to post anything until I had something to talk about that wasn't work.  Well, nothing has happened besides work for the last month and there is a lot of adjusting I've had to do.  My schedule being the biggest thing.  For the past six years, I work M-F, 7 AM to 3 PM, (with the exception of longer hours in the summer during big jobs).  But now my work schedule is all OVER the place.  I rarely get even a Sunday off let alone a Friday or Saturday, and my usual hour range from 12 PM to 10:30 PM, which is just, buck wild to me.  I've been staying up later because I don't have to wake up at 5 o'clock in the morning anymore, but I also didn't get out of bed until 10:03 this morning.  And then it's like, I've wasted half of my time that isn't spent at work today.  So that is something I'm really trying to figure out.  I do get to go to the gym in the mornings which I actually like, and I've been having more time to cook and stuff because Landon isn't home distracting me.  Not that he's distracting, but if he's home I'd rather be hanging out with him than in the kitchen.  Oh yeah- that's the other crappy thing about this schedule, I barely get to spend time with my husband.  I know that millions of people have different work schedules and it isn't something I should whine about, but doggonit if I don't miss him terribly.


Another thing I have been learning to adjust to is rejection. Over and over and over and over and over again.  Don't get me wrong, I've been able to turn around a good majority of these rejections, but man, hearing no 156 times in just a couple hours is pretty brutal.  Sales, my dudes- they tell ya its rough, but it doesn't really sink in until you're in it.


ON THE FLIP SIDE- last week I made $50.00 an hour, so like, at the end of the week it's turning out to be worth it a little.  I told Landon I want to put anything more than what I used to make into a savings account because I don't want us to get accustomed to living on that kind of income in case the end of the year I just decide I can't handle it then it won't feel like we are destitute living on a lesser income.  Solid plan, right?  Already anticipating quitting. But of course I'm kidding, I'm not anticipating quitting, but I do plan on putting all extra income into a savings account, JUST IN CASE.

As I type this out, I realize that it sounds like suddenly I don't like this job anymore.  That is not the case.  I actually have been having a lot of fun with it, but just like anybody else in this world, change is not an easy thing for me.  I would say I'm pretty good with going with the flow, but my entire flow has been completely re-routed and I knew going into it that I was going to have to be flexible.

Anyway.  It's getting easier, and definitely more lucrative, so I can't really complain all that much.  I will say that I miss getting to spend my weekends with Landon, but it comes with the territory.  We're just going to have to get creative with our shenanigans, that's all.


3 comments:

  1. Girl, i feel you. Change and adjusting is hard! But it sounds like you are doing all the right things, and before you know it, you will find your new normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is HARD. No doubt about it. It sounds like you are making the best of it-- but you always do. Thinking of you, Whit!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing such a beautiful article.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget